FOR SALE: 1970 Citroën DS20 4-speed
Here's your chance to own one of the best Citroën DS's in South Africa!
This magnificent 1970 Citroën DS20 4-speed is a reluctant sale and an opportunity for someone lucky to get into one of these highly-acclaimed French automobiles. There are horror stories about the DS, of course - it was a very complicated car at the time of its launch, but experts will tell you that a good one will be easy and affordable to maintain.
This particular car was bought by its current owner in January 2008 and have had extensive work (and ongoing maintenance) done since. A file documenting every expense has been kept up to date for the past 14 years and will be handed over to the new owner.
Included are photos documenting the rebuild of the body and interior during November 2009. The car is still in the same condition as it was following the 2009 rebuild. There is no rust, and the body is straight and solid. This car is quite unique, being one of only a few built in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) in the '70s.
According to the owner not a drop of oil is used between services, which are done every 5 000 or approximately every 12 months. All work was done by the highly regarded Kurt Wittig from Auto Technical Services in Somerset West. He can be contact at 071 254 8462 or 021 852 5112 for references.
The car was meticulously maintained these past 14 years and no expense was spared. Those who do know the car (it's a regular on SentiMETAL Gatherings) will agree it's arguably one of the top 5 in the Western Cape, if not the country. The owner has driven the car for about 50 000km during his 14 years of custodianship.
The car was featured in CAR Magazine (July 2012) and also recently in a SentiMETAL article.
Some highlights of the work done to the car in the past 14 years
- Complete body redone, excluding the roof
- Bootlid replaced with fibreglass unit - original bootlids are prone to rust, however the original (rust free) boot lid is also supplied.
- Upgrade to swivelling headlights
- Interior and boot completely redone - all carpets, upholstery and door cards.
- New clutch and replacement 4-speed gearbox
- Head rebuilt and bottom-end checked - no issues
- New radiator, water pump, thermostat and coolant hoses replaced where/when necessary
- Electronic ignition upgrade
- New timing chain
- Starter motor rebuild
- Hydraulic pump rebuilt
- New exhaust system
- New fuel tank
- Underside resprayed with rust resistant coating
- Brakes maintained and parts replaced as necessary
- Entire hydraulic system checked at services and whatever needed to be replaced was done, no matter what the cost. No visible hydraulic leaks. The system operates flawlessly.
- Set of 5x Michelin tyres recently. Probably done around 5 000km since fitment.
Pricing and Contact Details
This car is sold voetstoots by the current owner and the price is discussed upon application.
Please contact email@example.com for further information. Serious buyers only.
Note the above vehicle information was supplied by the current owner and has not been verified by SentiMETAL.