Auction House RM Sotheby's has announced a very interesting-looking online F1 memorabilia sale featuring over 100 exceptional lots.
Items ranging from model cars to racing suits worn by the likes of Michael Schumacher and Ayrton Senna will be offered without reserve. Bidding opens at 1:00 pm ET on Friday 22 November and will run through to Monday, 2 December at 1:00 pm ET.
More information is available at rmsothebys.com.
Who wouldn't want one of these for their collection?
Hosted on RM Sotheby’s new online auction platform, the sale will offer 103 lots, ranging from large-scale handmade models, to racing helmets and suits, with a particular emphasis on the late 1980s, and early 1990s and 2000s, as well as the legendary achievements of FIA Formula One World Championship drivers, Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher.
Stand out highlights of the auction include:
- A McLaren Honda Signed Helmet, 1988 (Est. $50,000 - $70,000) and McLaren Honda Racing Suit, 1988 (Est. $10,000 - $20,000) believed to be worn in the first championship year of three-time FIA Formula 1 Drivers’ World Champion, Ayrton Senna;
- Michael Schumacher’s Ferrari Signed Helmet from the 1998 FIA Formula One World Championship, in which he placed second (Est. $15,000 - $20,000), as well as his Ferrari Signed Helmet from the 2001 Formula 1 season (Est. $15,000 - $20,000);
- A Michael Schumacher Racing Suit from 1996, his first year with Ferrari, presented in display by OMP Racing (Est. $10,000 - $20,000);
- Designed by Paolo Martinelli, an 800+ hp, 3.0-litre, naturally aspirated Ferrari Tipo 051/B/C engine, built to power one of the most successful Formula 1 cars of all time, the F2002 (Est. $50,000 - $70,000);
- Numerous Amalgam 1:8 scale models, including a Michael Schumacher 2001 Ferrari F2001 Model, the 39th of 100 built by Amalgam, and featuring the livery as driven by Schumacher to victory at the 2001 Malaysian Grand Prix (Est. $4,000 - $6,000).
“This remarkable group of collectibles represents the groundbreaking moments of modern Formula 1 racing,” said Barney Ruprecht, Car Specialist, RM Sotheby’s. “We are very excited to offer F1 fans and enthusiasts the chance to acquire their very own piece of motorsport and automotive history via our new digital auction platform.”
Each lot offered via the Online Only: Formula 1 Memorabilia auction has been inspected in RM Sotheby’s care and will be collected by all successful bidders from RM Sotheby’s Detroit, Michigan facilities unless otherwise noted. Shipping arrangements can be made via third parties to have the items collected from Detroit. The auction is governed by RM Sotheby’s Bidders’ Terms and Conditions.
Additional information and bidder registration are available at rmsothebys.com.