LR Classic will again be hosting the LR Series Fest this year – this time over a long weekend from Friday 24 to Monday 27 April 2020.
The Land Rover Series Festival celebrates the classic older generation of Land Rovers, the Series 1, 2 and 3, and other leaf-sprung Landies.
Sponsored by Leimer’s Land Rover, the Land Rover Series Festival will be held at the site of the Rust de Winter All-Wheel Drive Club terrain north-east of Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa.
The LR Series Fest is open to all other Landys, all Land Rover fanatics and Land Rover enthusiasts who are invited to join the original “conquerors of the wild” for a weekend of Landy fun in the sun! Join them for a camping weekend of games and festivities from Friday to Monday morning for only R750 per camping site for two adults. Day visitors are welcome at R150 per vehicle (visit www.lrclassic.com for more information).
Series Land Rover owners will have use of a designated Series camping area, where like-minded owners will be able to rub shoulders, compare, enjoy and do some serious Series talk around the fire.
Friday 24 April 2020
- Arrival day for all Series vehicles, other campers, visitors and exhibitors
- Late afternoon meet and greet and chat around the central campfire
Saturday 25 April 2020
- Exhibitor stalls open at 07:30
- 08:00 An early start for the Series Land Rover Games – Land Rover Series (all leaf spring Landys) vehicles only. Convoy lineup for Games departure at 08:30
- The Series Games start with an Adventure Route through natural and manmade obstacles – not a vehicle destroyer, but challenging and not too difficult
- Fun Games on route that will involve the driver and co-driver (spectators and day visitors welcome) – join the excitement!!
- Back at the exhibitor arena after lunch - Series fun activities including “start with crank handle”. This will be a timed event, promising great fun for competitors and spectators alike.
Saturday evening – live entertainment
- Join us around the center campfire for live entertainment
Sunday 26 April 2020
- Land Rover Owners Club (LROC) adventure outride and playground, obstacle course and mountain 4x4 adventure open to all Land Rovers.
- Radio-controlled 4x4 models on a purpose-built track
- Prize giving - Loads of prizes and lucky draws are up for grabs
A host of activities will be available throughout the weekend, including chauffeured Series Land Rover rides, games, food stalls, swimming pool and playing area for the kids. The exhibitor arena will be open for the duration of the weekend.
- Series Land Rover vehicle entry for Series Games: R500 per vehicle including once-off memorabilia, t-shirts and goody-bag
- Weekend camping: R750 per stand for 2 adults for three nights; additional campers at R150 pp (pre-school children free; maximum 4 people per stand). No part-weekend fee
- Day visitors: R150 per vehicle (unlimited occupants).
As the event is expected to attract a huge entry, interested Series owners are advised to book early.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLINE BOOKINGS ONLY: www.lrclassic.com