Cape Town-based classic and collectible car dealer, Crossley & Webb will from 27 October to 3 November be hosting an online auction for several very special European cars.
As reported on previously, Crossley & Webb earlier this year launched an online trading platform focused on collector cars. Unlimited by physical constraints, the virtual marketplace allows for better presentation and a more detailed description of listings, regardless of where the sellers are based.
The latest round of auctions will focus on special European cars, and kicks off on 27 October and closes on 3 November. Interested parties should register to participate in the bidding.
- Click here to keep an eye on the latest bidding round and to register (once registrations open).
"We have some truly iconic and rare cars entered for the latest round," says Gareth Crossley, and highlights include;
- 2004 Ferrari 575M manual (only one in South Africa)
- 1990 Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary (one of only a couple in SA)
- 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK DTM Convertible
- 1973 Porsche 911 with original RS engine
- 1969 Citroen DS
- 1988 Porsche 911 Commemorative Edition
Buyers who register to bid on Crossley & Webb Online are vetted prior to approval. A R5000 refundable deposit is required to bid and bidders are guided by Crossley & Webb in order to complete the due diligence process and be confident of the condition of the car prior to placing a bid. Crossley & Webb charge a 10% buyers premium including VAT (eg. If R 200 000 is bid then the total cost is R 220 000).