Cape Town-based classic and collectible car dealer, Crossley & Webb will from 5 to 12 October be hosting an online auction for 14 special German cars.
As reported on previously, Crossley & Webb earlier this year launched an online trading platform focused on collector cars. Unlimited by physical constraints, the virtual marketplace allows for better presentation and a more detailed description of listings, regardless of where the sellers are based.
The latest round of auctions will focus on special German cars, and kicks off on 5 October and closes on 12 October. Interested parties should register to participate in the bidding.
- Click here to keep an eye on the latest bidding round and to register (once registrations open).
"We have 14 high-quality German cars entered for the latest round," says Gareth Crossley, and highlights include;
- 2008 Mercedes Benz CLK DTM Convertible (1 of 80 examples) – Supercharged 5.5l V8 - 582 BHP
- 1971 Porsche 911 T (high quality detailed restoration by Bailey Cars)
- Mercedes Benz SL 65 Black series (1 of only 350 examples)
- Mercedes Benz 300se Convertible (1 of 78 right hand examples)
- 1988 Porsche 911 Carrera Targa – Jubilaum edition
In addition to the cars above there are also a 2002 BMW Z3 M Coupe (Clown Shoe), a lovely Volkswagen Westfalia Camper, rare AWZ P70 Zwikcau, very pretty Porsche 356B (South African spec), BMW (E39) M5, Porsche (993) 911 Turbo and Mercedes-Benz 280S.
Buyers who register to bid on Crossley & Webb Online are vetted prior to approval. A R5000 refundable deposit is required to bid and bidders are guided by Crossley & Webb in order to complete the due diligence process and be confident of the condition of the car prior to placing a bid. Crossley & Webb charge a 10% buyers premium including VAT (eg. If R 200 000 is bid then the total cost is R 220 000).