Strada, a new magazine dedicated to the heroic cars of the '80s, '90s and 2000s, has been launched. The new print title will also be offered for sale in South Africa.
At a time when the magazine stands are looking pretty barren, particularly if you're a car enthusiast, the announcement of an exciting new print publication is something to celebrate.
Strada Magazine promises to provide a fresh, new quarterly take on an era of cars that has come to dominate the classic car landscape. Call them Youngtimers, call them modern classics, the cars produced between 1980 and 2010 contain among them true icons that transcend generations.
Strada's team of photographers and journalists, led by editor Nathan Chadwick, live and breathe these cars just as much as the people who own, buy and collect them. "It’s this level of insight that gives us the edge over traditional classic car magazines – our focus on this key era allows us to single out the greatest stories, and give them life in a way few can come close to matching," the press release states.
Strada will be published quarterly and will feature beautifully shot features from the world’s leading photographers with in-depth, detailed writing from the most respected names in motoring journalism.
It fills a gap left in the market when Bauer Media shut down the award-winning title Modern Classics last year. According to Strada editor, Nathan Chadwick, the magazine will also be sold in South Africa.
If you'd like to subscribe, you can do so here.
The first issue
The first issue (which can be ordered online now) features a star-studded line-up;
- 550 miles in the Prancing Horse’s first useable supercar – after a quarter of a century, does the 550 Maranello deliver the goods? PLUS: we speak to its designer about just how it came to be.
- BMW 1-Series M - It’s 10 years since the 1M rewrote the BMW M rulebook, so we talk to the men who made it happen before braving Snowdonia in a ‘rowdy rascal’…
- Peugeot 205 GTI - still the hottest damn hatch? Rose-tinted glasses or hard fact? We head to Wales to see whether The Greatest Hot Hatch lives up to billing, and to settle the greatest debate of all… 1.6 or 1.9?
- Porsche 924 Carrera GT - This is a long way from being a normal 924 - with air-cooled 911-rivalling prices, we get under the skin of this homologation special. PLUS: two Brits, 24 hours and three cylinders – the inside story of the 924’s Le Mans effort.
- Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 - feeling Godzilla’s roar. Chris Chilton gets to grips with that very rare thing – an unmolested, absolutely mint Skyline GT-R.
- RS500s at war - the inside story of Ford’s uncivil war at the 1988 Silverstone TT. Steve Soper, Andy Rouse and Dick Johnson on the Blue Oval’s battle royale
- Alpina RLE at 30 - BMW’s revolutionary Z1 not quick enough for you? Alpina’s RLE version takes this pretty roadster to the dark side.
- Buying guide: An Aston Martin V8 Vantage for £25k and up - Expert insight into Aston Martin’s gorgeous sports car. Resistance will be challenging…
PLUS: The latest products, watches, market insight and more… surprises await!